More than $1,000,000 awarded since 1998!
Funding provided by electric co-op members who round up their electric bill.
Thank you for your generosity to improve our local quality of life!
OPERATION ROUND UP
Grants are awarded to nonprofit organizations that improve the quality of life in Polk-Burnett's service territory. This includes public safety, health care, self-sufficiency, cultural enhancement and youth programs.
Grants are generally not awarded to individuals; organizations with religious, political or national affiliations; fundraising events; capital campaigns or scholarship programs.
Only one grant per year will be awarded to an organization.
Please submit a complete application for consideration, including:
1. Application form.
2. Your organization's most recent financial statement (a budget summary or balance sheet showing income and expenses specific to the project or program for which you are seeking grant funds).
3. Documentation of tax-exempt status under the IRS Code Section 501(c)(3) or a letter of explanation regarding your tax-exempt status. (See sample.)
4. A detailed account of how a previous Operation Round Up grant was used, if received.
See "Who can apply?" above to learn if you are eligible.
Application deadlines are March 1, June 1, September 1 and December 1.
Grant applications are accepted and reviewed quarterly. Application deadlines are:
- March 1
- June 1
- September 1
- December 1
Grants are approved by an Operation Round Up board of nine directors. All are local members of Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative and they represent all nine districts across the co-op's service area.
Directors meet four times a year and are not paid for their time, except mileage reimbursement.
Funding for Operation Round Up is donated by local co-op members like you who volunteer to round up their monthly electricity bill to the next even dollar amount.
For example, if your bill is $78.70, it will round up to $79.00 and your contribution for the month is 30¢.
Your donation is tax-deductible and never goes above 99¢ per month; the average donation for the year is $6. This may not sound like a lot, but when donations from all participating members are combined, Operation Round Up can do a lot of good.
New members of Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative are automatically enrolled in Operation Round Up and will have electric bills rounded up, unless you check the opt out box on your new service application. Enrolled members may opt out of this community giving program at any time by contacting our billing office, 800-421-0283, ext. 335 or e-mail.
Thank you! Your generosity is changing lives!
New members of Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative are automatically enrolled in Operation Round Up and will have electric bills rounded up, unless you check the opt out box on your new service application.
Co-op members may opt in or opt out of this community giving program at any time by contacting our billing office, 800-421-0283, ext. 335 or e-mail.
Board meeting minutes are posted online for your review.
Having trouble with or don't like the online application form?
Here is another option for you:
1. Download and print a PDF application.
2. Complete the submit your application with required financial and nonprofit documentation.
3. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com, dropped off at Polk-Burnett offices in Siren or Centuria during business hours or mailed to: Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative, 1001 State Road 35, Centuria WI 54824. If you submit via email, make sure you receive a confirmation that the application was received.