To benefit member-owners by providing reliable electricity with efficiency and extraordinary service.
Our Cooperative Principles
1. Voluntary and open membership
2. Democratic member control
3. Member economic participation
4. Autonomy and independence
5. Education, training and information
6. Cooperation among cooperatives
7. Concern for community
Our Core Values
1. Honesty, integrity and an excellent reputation
2. Exceptional member service
3. Respect and appreciation for employees
4. Commitment to safety and environmental stewardship
5. Commitment to community and cooperative principles
Top 5 Fast Facts
1. Polk-Burnett Electric Co-op is not for profit and member owned.
2. Polk-Burnett is governed by a local board of directors elected from the membership.
3. When revenue exceeds the cost of doing business, members get money back as Capital Credits.
4. Electric rates cover the cost of doing business and are not marked up to grow profit.
5. Polk-Burnett maintains more than 3,000 miles of power lines across 2,000 square miles.
Learn how co-ops were started, and how they work and follow the cooperative principles to benefit members.
See how our cooperative business model is good for you and all member-owners of Polk-Burnett.