What's in your future?
BEV - Battery Electric Vehicle
EV - Electric Vehicle
ICE - Internal Combustion Engine
HEV - Hybrid Electric Vehicle
PHEV - Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Will you be purchasing an e-vehicle in the near future?
We've just made your decision easier; for the charger at least. Just as there are several different models and types of e-vehicles on the market there are also several different charging options. Polk-Burnett is offering the Siemens Level 2 residential EVSE electric vehicle charger for purchase to serve your charging needs. The 240V charger can be installed on off-peak and may qualify for a rebate. Is an e-vehicle right for you?
Siemens Level II residential EVSE
- Easy to install - Mounting bracket included
- Delay button - Delay charging up to 8 hours
- Charging status indicator - LED halo for easy reading
- Max power adjustment switch - 1.8 kW - 7.2 kW
- Plug holster to keep dust out of plug face and 20' cord
- Supports utility demand response programs
With the SAE J17772 standard plug, the Level 2 EVSE charging station can easily charge a typical EV battery overnight. Most Level 2 EVSE require a dedicated 40A circuit per Level 2 port.
The following will vary on actual car used, charging station used, temperature, and time of charge:
- 10 minutes 2-3 miles
- 30 minutes 5-7 miles
- 60 minutes 10-15 miles
- 2 hours 20-30 miles
- 4 hours 40-60 miles
- 6 hours 60-90 miles
The technology is similar to Ground Fault Circuit Interruptors (GFCI) found inside your home to protect you from electrical shocks.
Polk-Burnett allows you to put your hard-wired 240V e-vehicle charger on off-peak at the dual fuel rate if applicable. The charging times will be from approximately 11 p.m. to approximately 6 a.m. Monday-Friday and all day on the weekends/holidays. Call Polk-Burnett 800-421-0283 ext. 595 to see if your charger qualifies for off-peak.
Polk-Burnett offers a rebate of $350 for an e-vehicle charger.
- Charger must be purchased and installed in 2019.
- Charger must be installed on Polk-Burnett electric lines.
- Charger must be a wall-mounted 240V hardwired unit.
- Charger must be connected to load management and controlled as a storage load.
Rebate Form (pdf)
Online Rebate Form