“As our nation responds to COVID-19, we know the most important thing we can do to help, is to keep your power on,” said General Manager Steve Stroshane.
We want to assure you that Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative has plans in place for the continued delivery of reliable service to your families, homes, farms and businesses. Our local co-op employees and directors are working with electric cooperative leaders across the state and nation to maintain the electric grid without disruption. We have a strong track record of responding to emergencies, and we are taking proactive steps to respond to the evolving public health emergency and challenges of COVID-19.
Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative is following CDC guidelines and reducing face-to-face contact to help protect our community and keep our employees safe, healthy and on the job.
We closed our lobbies March 16, but our drive-thru, phone lines and website remain open! We are fully staffed to continue normal operations. We encourage members to use our electronic options for payments and transactions, including SmartHub, website, auto pay and phone. We also have a secure drop box at both Centuria and Siren office locations. We are here to assist.
We love seeing you in person, but follow these social distancing tips to keep everyone safe
• Drive-thru service is available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Lobbies are closed.
• Pay electric bill, report outages and track electric use on SmartHub.
• Auto pay by credit card and bank account.
• Pay by phone, website, mail and drop box.
• Check propane tanks often and let us know if 20% or less.
• Off-peak water heaters on winter control. Call if hot water supply is low with your family home.
• Our website, Facebook page and member service team offer energy-saving tips as families spend more time at home.
• Follow us on Facebook for updates.
• Our member service representatives are here to help you during business hours, 800-421-0283.
• Our outage line is available 24/7. REPORT OUTAGES to 800-421-0283, and see our online Outage Center for outage map and enroll to receive outage test alerts.
We’re here to restore power quickly and keep you informed
Polk-Burnett linemen work hard to maintain the system and deliver reliable power, but some outages are out of our control, like those caused by storms, transmission line failures and wildlife. If your lights go out, be assured that co-op employees are here to restore your power and keep you informed!
If power goes out at your home:
1. Check circuit breakers, fuses and the neighbors.
2. Report outages on SmartHub or 800-421-0283.
3. Keep away from and report fallen power lines, broken poles and trees on lines.
4. Crews ARE WORKING and will respond to hazards, substations and major distribution lines first, followed by smaller tap lines and individual service lines.
Propane customers, please check your tank often
“Polk-Burnett Propane Services is taking proactive steps to ensure we have a steady supply of propane gas onsite and can continue to provide reliable propane delivery for our customers’ homes and families during the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Polk-Burnett Propane Services Manager Todd Miller.
“Please help us protect our employees and your families by checking your propane tank percentage frequently. Per CDC guidelines, we are practicing social distancing and limiting face-to-face contact. This means we will only enter a customer’s home in emergency situations, when we are required to do a safety-compliance leak check if your tank goes empty. It’s important to avoid emergency fills now more than ever, and we don’t want anyone to run out of propane! Please check your tanks and let us know if you are below 20%, Polk-Burnett Propane Services, 800-421-0283, ext. 378, 411 or email@example.com. Thank you!”
Co-op event changes
March 24 EV seminar will be conducted online! To register, call 800-421-0283, ext. 595.
April 28 geothermal seminar: Canceled
May 5 solar seminar: Canceled
June 5 annual meeting: POSTPONED. Watch for updates.
Support local businesses and families
“When our local economy and business are strong, we’re all strong,” said Stroshane. “We encourage everyone to support local businesses and families during COVID restrictions. Many small businesses and restaurants are still open, especially for takeout and delivery. Visit their websites and Facebook pages to see how you can support them.”
Updates and communication
Please see our website and co-op Facebook page for updates and call for assistance, 800-421-0283.
As we face this public health emergency, Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative is taking steps to keep your power on and our community safe. We are dedicated to our mission of providing reliable power with efficiency and extraordinary service for all 20,000+ electric members and 4,000+ propane customers.
We remain committed to our members and the communities we serve.