Our mission will always be to provide reliable electricity for rural families, farms and businesses.
During the past 20 years, we've taken many steps to reduce the frequency and duration of power outages for our members. In 2021 our work continues, and we will invest $5 million to upgrade and maintain a reliable electric system.
Our 2021 work plan includes:
• Replacing 20 miles of aging underground cable
• Constructing 13 miles of new overhead power line
• Converting 22 miles of overhead line to underground line
• Replacing 78 poles that didn't pass inspection
• Clearing trees and brush from the right-of-way to improve safety and reduce outages
• Improving grid redundancies and substation equipment, so power can be re-routed during outages
Electric grid and meter upgrade
Above and beyond our 2021 work plan investments, the co-op started an electric grid and meter upgrade in 2021 to improve reliability for members.
We work hard to strengthen our system and keep your power on
Weather, animals, accidental dig-ins and transmission line failures can cause outages beyond our control. If your lights go out, know that co-op crews are on the way. Our priorities are restoring your power quickly, while keeping you informed. See outage center and our Facebook page for outage updates.