Our goals for 2020 are driven by member feedback and focus on improving our value to our members and community. Our number one priority continues to be the delivery of reliable electricity.
Polk-Burnett is in the top 25% of co-ops nationwide for reliability:
• During the past 20 years, we've taken many steps to reduce the amount and duration of power outages for our members.
• Over the past five years, Polk-Burnett members have experienced an average of two outage hours per year.
• In 2020, we will invest $4.9 million to upgrade and maintain a reliable electric system for you.
Our 2020 work plan includes:
• Replacing 20 miles of aging underground cable
• Building 14 miles of new overhead power line
• Converting 25 miles of overhead line to underground line
• Replacing 53 poles that didn't pass inspection
• Upgrading our metering system (phased in over four years)
• Clearing trees and brush from the right-of-way to improve safety and reduce outages
• Improving grid redundancies and substation equipment, so power can be re-routed during outages
Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative maintains:
• 1,717 miles of underground cable
• 1,695 miles of overhead power line
• 21,000 meters
• 38,000 power poles