Above: St. Croix Falls Public Library received a $500 grant from Polk-Burnett’s Operation Round Up for its summer reading program.
Thanks to the support of co-op members, the St. Croix Falls Library, Wisconsin Interstate Park, three food shelves and other nonprofits received a financial boost this quarter. Polk-Burnett’s Operation Round Up awarded $21,500 to 25 programs that serve our community at its April 3, 2019, meeting.
Funding for Operation Round Up is donated by members of Polk-Burnett Electric Cooperative who round their monthly electric bill up to the next even dollar amount. Grant recipients are selected quarterly by a committee of co-op members, with financial donations awarded to nonprofit organizations that improve our local quality of life.
“Polk-Burnett is pleased to support many worthy programs through Operation Round Up, and we thank our members for their participation and generosity. Together, we are making a difference in our community,” said Polk-Burnett General Manager Steve Stroshane.
Grant recipients for spring 2019 are:
1. Polk County Agriculture Educators Association, $500, tractor safety course
2. Osceola FFA, $500, ag education tent at Polk County Fair
3. Skonewood Christian Retreat, $1,000, update electrical service at campground
4. Clear Lake Parent Teacher Organization, $1,464, new playground equipment
5. Frederic Elementary School, $500, Explore Wisconsin theme unit
6. Osceola School District Family Challenge, $250, incentives for families
7. Lake Country Pedalers, $900, signs for Keizer Lake Trails
8. Amery Area Food Pantry, $1,500, food, personal care and household items
9. Friends of Wisconsin Interstate Park, $1,000, digital projector system
10. Community Referral Agency, $1,000, playground equipment
11. Luck School District, $600, new stove for family and consumer science room
12. Clear Lake Museum, $1,000, military display
13. Polk County Community Services, Behavioral Health, $250, incentives for clients
14. Fishbowl United Sportsmen’s Club, $836, camping tents for local scout troop
15. Quarter Moon Acres Equine Therapy, $1,000, instructor training
16. Luck Area Historical Society, $1,000, new chairs for community programs
17. Frederic Middle School, $500, social-emotional learning curriculum
18. Yellow Lake Food Distribution, $1,500, food for distribution to local families
19. Burnett County Family Literacy, $1,000, children’s books and magazines
20. St. Croix Falls Food Shelf, $1,500, food for distribution to local families
21. Burnett County Medical Examiner, $800, Narcan to protect medical examiner from opioid exposure
22. Luck School Garden, $400, seeds, plants, bulbs and wood for raised garden beds
23. St. Croix Valley Orchestra, $1,000, new music
24. Humane Society of Burnett County, $1,000, volunteer supplies
25. St. Croix Falls Public Library, $500, summer reading program for youth
Nonprofit organizations interested in applying for a grant or co-op members who’d like to round their bill up in support of Operation Round Up may contact 800-421-0283 or visit our Operation Round Up webpage. The next application deadline is June 1.
Friends of Wisconsin Interstate Park received a $1,000 grant from Polk-Burnett’s Operation Round Up to upgrade the projector system in the park’s education center.